25.8.13

Easy Spinach Dip

This is one of my favorite appetizers, and just so happens to be one of the easiest things to put together. I always make sure I have some frozen spinach and cream of leek soup on hand, you never know when you'll be hosting an unexpected predrink with 23 hungry boys.  No? Just me?  Alright then.  Feel free to serve this with afternoon tea.

You'll need...
1 cup of mayo
1 16 oz container of sour cream
1 package of dry leek soup mix
1 frozen package of spinach

...that's it.  I'm serious.  I'll have to post something else today because I feel like I'm ripping you guys off.

Measure a cup of mayo...


And grab a container of sour cream.


Combine in a medium sized bowl with the leek soup.  You can also use onion or veggie soup in a pinch.


The most "difficult" part is the spinach .. you want to thaw it out and then squeeze out the excess moisture so your dip isn't runny.  I used a colander and a paper towel and just squeezed it until it was 95% dry.  Then add the spinach to the bowl with your sour cream and mayo. 


After a couple stirs... you're pretty much done!  Just let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to let everything mingle.  If you can, leave it over night, it will be so much better.



Serve with some hunks of pumpernickel or sourdough bread.  Voila!

Enjoy!

Courtzilla

No comments:

Post a Comment