4.3.10

Balsamic Fruit Salad





Simple, easy, fast, delicious, and healthy. Is there a better way to start off an entire day of drinking?? Today starting at dawn is U of Illinois' Unofficial, a crazy celebration centered around green shirts and a free for all drunk fest. The best times to see it are from 8am to about 2 am when everyone passes out, then ralleys at 8pm to go at it again. The breakfast of champions usually includes kegs and eggs, and to throw probably the only fruit or vegetable these people are going to eat all day, I made some fruit salad!

This ain't your grandma's fruit salad. It's got a couple unique twists.

You'll need:

-1 case of strawberries (is that a pint? i have no idea)
- 2 smallish things of blueberries
- 1 smallish thing of raspberries.
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - sounds weird, but TRUST me

Man I sound so technical today. Smallish thing? I hope you guys know what I'm talking about.

Alright first off wash all your fruit, cut up the strawberries, and combine it in a medium sized bowl.



Add the sugar...


Add the balsamic vinegar and pepper....


Mix... and VOILA!!


You are instantly a gourmet chef! This is good if you let it sit for like an hour for the sugar in the fruit to break down... it's even BETTER if you leave it over night. It makes this transcendant syrup... holy cow. Know what this syrup could take the place of? Grenadine. Helloooo tequila sunrises. Delicious, and so easy!

Have a safe Unofficial, you nuts.

Enjoy!

Courtzilla

2 comments:

  1. So simple, and yet, SO DELICIOUS. Makes me wish it was summer :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I searched all the cooking and recipe sites and here is where I find the recipe I was looking for...and you're funny to boot. Great blog Courtzilla and thanks for saving my BBQ.

    ReplyDelete