19.3.10

Slow Cooked BBQ Pulled Pork



Don't you love a recipe that takes like 15 minutes of actual cooking? Say hello to pulled pork. Throw it in the crock pot with minimal seasoning, and watch 2 movies on a hungover Saturday while it fills your house with a crazy delicious (Dr. Pibb + Redvines?) scent. Don't believe me? Give this a try.

What you'll need...
-A cut of pork. Either pork butt, or pork shoulder. The idea is lowww and sloowwww so the tougher, cheaper meats will break down and get realll tender. You'll need about 2-3 ish pounds.
-1 small yellow onion
-3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce. I hate both spelling, and saying that word for the record.
-water
-About 4-6 buns
-1/2 a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce - I used Sweet Baby Ray's... it's necessary.

Alrighty! Roughly chop up your onion and lay it on the bottom of the crock pot.


Place the pork on top of the onions. I got some sort of weird cut that was on sale, but it turned out delicious. Go ahead and add the worcestershire sauce.


Fill the crock pot full of water so it's fully covering the pork. Our crock pot is kind of small... so stop making fun of the dry pork. I'm not as perfect as I may come across on paper.


I added some paprika and cumin, because I can't leave things alone. It's not necessary though.


OK! You're ready to go. Put the setting on low, and leave it alone. For .... six hours. SIX HOURS. You could go to work and just let this bubble away, then come home to tender, delicious pulled pork. Here's what it looks like when it's done....


I pick out the pork and shred it, discarding the onions.



I find it easiest to use two forks. It's so easy since it's falling apart on it's own anyway. Mix the shredded pork with the BBQ sauce. I only use about 1/2 the bottle, or else I think it gets too soupy and over powers the pork.


COME GETCHA SOME. Let it cook away on low for about another hour, stirring occasionally so the pork doesn't stick to the sides.


Who loves me? My roommates, that's who.

Throw it on a bun, maybe top it with some coleslaw or just leave it plain.


Either way, it's scrumptious!!


Jealous much?

Enjoy!

<3 Courtzilla

No comments:

Post a Comment